39.46% of the vehicles moving for freight purposes in Istanbul are “Minivan” and “Panelvan” type vehicles.
The vehicles that enter and exit the logistics focal points in Istanbul the most are Panel Van (27.36%), Pickup Truck/Pickup (17.05%), Truck 2 Axle 6 Wheels (16.33%), Tractor + Trailer (15%) ,81) type tools. They are the tractor (double trailer) type vehicles that make the least entry and exit.
25,000 panel vans enter and exit daily on weekdays and 15,000 on weekends. Total freight vehicle numbers show a decrease of approximately 46% for weekends.
|Araç Türüne Göre Odak Noktalarından Giriş ve Çıkış Yapan Toplam Araç Sayıları|
|Araç türü||Çıkış||Giriş||Toplam||Toplam %|
|Kamyon + Römork||676||534||1.210||0,26%|
|Kamyon 2 dingil/6 teker||38.598||37.917||76.515||16,33%|
|Kamyon 3 dingil/8 teker||1.998||1.788||3.786||0,81%|
|Kamyon 3 dingil/10 teker||14.538||14.284||28.822||6,15%|
|Kırkayak 4 dingil/12 teker||7.578||7.480||15.058||3,21%|
|Çekici + Römork||36.951||37.124||74.075||15,81%|
|Çekici + Çift Römork||314||257||571||0,12%|
- Among the vehicles that enter and exit the logistics focal points in Istanbul the most, “Closed/Awned” with 76% and “Tue” with 14.5% are in the first two places according to the body type. Minimum vehicle, “Press silo” with 0.1%.
- The vehicles that enter and leave the logistics focal points in Istanbul the most, travel an average of 37,058 km per year. ‘Pickup truck/pickup’ (25,483 km) and ‘Towing + Trailer’ and ‘Towing + No Trailer’ vehicles make the most distance (70,000 km). Minivans, panel vans, pickup trucks and 6/8-wheel trucks travel less than average.
- 91.8% of the loads (tons) are domestic and 8.2% are from abroad, and 98.5% of the vehicles (number of vehicles) are domestic and 1.5%, comes from abroad.
- Loads to logistics focal points in Istanbul; Istanbul (73%), Kocaeli (15.5%), Tekirdağ (1.9%), Bursa (1.5%) and these; It comes from Sakarya, İzmir, Ankara, Eskişehir.
- Loads to logistics focal points in Istanbul; Germany (15.4%), Iran (9%), Bulgaria (7.3%) and these, respectively; It comes from Romania, Italy, France, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine.
- 99.7% of the vehicles entering and exiting the logistics focal points in Istanbul have “TR” plates.
Source: Istanbul Logistics Master Plan, Focal Points Field Research Synthesis Report, 01 January 2017
- For the “Field Study for Vehicle Counting” conducted within the scope of the Istanbul Logistics Master Plan, 25,190 surveys were conducted in 33 logistics centers and 468,620 vehicles (235,641 in the entry direction and 232,979 in the exit direction) were counted.
- At the logistics focal points throughout Istanbul, the highest number of freight vehicle movements are in İSTOÇ, Bayrampaşa Vegetable and Fruit Market, Tuzla Deri OIZ and Tekstilkent & Giyimkent, and the least movement is in Zeyport Port and Atatürk Airport Free Zone.
- According to the total amount of incoming and outgoing loads to the focal points, food and beverage ranks first, followed by; Textiles and clothing, stone and sand, chemicals, fabricated metals, plastics, base metals and paper products follow. Incoming loads: food and beverage (24%), textiles, apparel, leather and related (8%) and quarrying, sand and clay, marble, granite, gravel, sand, clay and kaolin, peat, salt (7%, 6) and chemicals & chemical (6.9%). Outgoing loads: coal and lignite (16%), food & beverage (12%) and chemicals & & chemical (10%).