93.39% of TEP in transportation belongs to “road” transportation.
93.39% of the total energy consumed in the “Transportation” sector in 2018, excluding pipelines, is in “road” transportation, 4.43% in “air” transportation, 1.41% in “sea” transportation and 0% ,77 of which was consumed in “railway” transportation.
The total amount of energy consumed in the %22Transportation%22 sector, excluding pipelines, increased by 246.30% in 2018 compared to 1988 and reached 28,148 thousand TEP. In addition, this consumption increased by 258.51% in “road” transportation, by 213.79% in “airway” transportation, and by 146.67% in “sea” transportation, and decreased by 8.82% in “railway” transportation in the same period.
Share of TEP in Turkey by Types of Transportation for other data that may be relevant to this data. you can see the page.
Source: Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, General Directorate of Energy Affairs, Balance Sheets
- Pipelines are excluded.
- Thousand TEP (Thousand Tons of Oil Equivalent): Petroleum and (Ton conversion of Natural Gas + Electricity + BioEnergy total)
- Road transport is 94.7% of the total energy consumed in the EU-28 in 2016.
- Domestic air transport is 1.8% of the total energy consumed in the EU-28 in 2016.
- Domestic maritime transport is 1.4% of the total energy consumed in the EU-28 in 2016.
- Rail transport is 2% of the total energy consumed in the EU-28 in 2016.