There are 2.98 employees per enterprise in the field of logistics.
From 2009 to 2019 Number of employees per enterprise decreased in; Group H-50.20, Group H-51.21, 52.24 and Group H-53. While the other segments of Group H did not have a significant increase except Group H-49.20.
The number of employees per enterprise in Group H-49.41 shows that this sector is a micro-scale business mostly embodied by individual drivers.
The number of employees per enterprise shows us that Group H-52.10 is formed by small enterprises in general.
Could the increasing “technology” used in Group H be the reason why the number of “employees per enterprise” did not increase so much in Group H and decreased in some sub-segments?
Number of employees per enterprise in the field of logistics.
|Number of Employees Per Enterprises||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
|Group H (Logistics excluding passenger & public)||2,77||2,96||3,11||3,43||3,63||3,79||3,85||3,87||3,82||3,80||3,84|
For other data that may be related to this statistic, you can refer to the page “Number Of Enterprises İn Field Of Logistics”,”Number of employees in the field of logistics”Website ownership in Group H”, “Internet Access in Group H”, “Computer use in Group H”,”Software use in Group H”, “The Challenges about the Digitization of the Logistics Industry”,”Logistics and SCM in Turkey’s roadmap of digitalization”
- Group H: Transportation and Warehousing
- Group H-49.20: Freight rail transport
- Group H-49.41: Freight transport by road
- Group H-50.20: Sea and coastal freight water transport
- Group H-51.21: Freight air transport
- Group H-52.10: Warehousing and storage
- Group H-52.24: Cargo handling
- Group H-52.29: Other transportation support activities
- Group H-53: Postal and courier activities
- Group H (Logistics & Freight) : 49.20 + 49.41 + 50.20 + 51.21 + 52.10 + 52.24 + 52.29 + 53
- 52.29 (Other transportation support activities.) “52.21”, “52.22” and “52.23”, were excluded due to lack of data and most of the existing data being related to the passenger.
- 52.21- Service activities incidental to land transportation: Most of them are about passenger and vehicle towing. Only 52.21.90-Other Services about Land shipping is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” (truck terminal administration included) But the exact number of it is unknown.
- 52.22- Service activities incidental to water transportation: Only 52.22.06-Administration of ports and sea lines concerning sea line transportation (administration of ports, piers, dockyards, waterways, sea terminals etc.) (excluding the administration of lighthouses etc.) is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” But the exact number of it is unknown.
- 52.23- Service activities incidental to air transportation: Only 52.23.03-Airports ground services operations (excluding Cargo and baggage loading services) is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” But the exact number of it is unknown.
- Number of employees: Calculated by adding the annual average number of paid employees to the number of job owners, partners, family members and apprentices who work without salary.
- Number of enterprises: It is the number of all companies operating in sectors and active during the reference period.