Industries across the globe continue to battle the Great Supply Chain Disruption. They’re striving to optimize execution, diminish risk, improve dexterity and identify ways to gain a real competitive advantage. To achieve these goals, it will be essential to create data-driven networks, maximize the latest digital transformation capabilities, prioritize risk management and resilience, streamline logistics, and much more. Getting ahead of these and other key trends enables supply chains to proactively shape a successful, sustainable future. Read on to discover what’s coming in 2023 and beyond.
Research reveals numerous themes related to the importance of digital supply chain transformation in the coming months. Key takeaways include the following:
- Collection of data, advanced analytics and automation are pillars of future supply chains.
- Using smart logistics solutions, based on the internet of things and next-generation robotics, is a focal point of future supply chain design.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning will have a much greater impact, as processing huge datasets in real time demands these capabilities.
- As the amount of data grows, treating it as an asset and effectively securing it become vital.
- Risk management and resilience remain essential to the future of supply chain.
- Circular and sustainable supply chains, as well as supply chains dedicated to essential goods, must be prioritized — especially after the last two years of disruption.
- The continuous logistics disruption will drive the need for constant master data maintenance for logistics parameters and inventory levels.