In 2019 there are 653.304 employees working in the field of logistics.
The number of employees in all enterprises around Turkey increased by 54.19% between 2009-2019. This ratio was 48.27% for Group H and 48.80% for Group H(excluding passenger & public).
Number of Employees
|Group H (Logistics excluding passenger & public)||439.063||475.675||537.972||551.887||558.012||581.996||598.149||613.504||627.677||641.766||653.304||48,80%|
For 2009-2019 period, taking the share of Group H and Group H(transportation & warehousing) in The number of employees at every sector in Turkey as a basis, we do not see much of an increase. We can even say that there is a decrease observed.
Number of Employees / Turkey
|Group H / Turkey||9,23%||8,84%|
|Group H (Logistics excluding passenger & public) / Turkey||4,34%||4,17%|
|Group H - 49.20 / Turkey||0,00%||0,00%|
|Group H - 49.41 / Turkey||2,91%||2,83%|
|Group H - 50.20 / Turkey||0,16%||0,09%|
|Group H - 51.21 / Turkey||0,01%||0,01%|
|Group H - 52.10 / Turkey||0,10%||0,10%|
|Group H - 52.24 / Turkey||0,18%||0,20%|
|Group H - 52.29 / Turkey||0,38%||0,41%|
|Group H - 53 / Turkey||0,60%||0,53%|
For other data that may be related to this statistic, you can refer to the page Rate Of Paid Employees In The Field Of Logistics
Source: TURKSTAT, Annual Statistics About Service and Industry, 2019
- Group H: Transportation and Warehousing
- Group H-49.20: Freight rail transport
- Group H-49.41: Freight transport by road
- Group H-50.20: Sea and coastal freight water transport
- Group H-51.21: Freight air transport
- Group H-52.10: Warehousing and storage
- Group H-52.24: Cargo handling
- Group H-52.29: Other transportation support activities
- Group H-53: Postal and courier activities
- Group H (Logistics & Freight) : 49.20 + 49.41 + 50.20 + 51.21 + 52.10 + 52.24 + 52.29 + 53
- 52.29 (Other transportation support activities.) “52.21”, “52.22” and “52.23”, were excluded due to lack of data and most of the existing data being related to the passenger.
- 52.21- Service activities incidental to land transportation: Most of them are about passenger and vehicle towing. Only 52.21.90-Other Services about Land shipping is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” (truck terminal administration included) But the exact number of it is unknown.
- 52.22- Service activities incidental to water transportation: Only 52.22.06-Administration of ports and sea lines concerning sea line transportation (administration of ports, piers, dockyards, waterways, sea terminals etc.) (excluding the administration of lighthouses etc.) is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” But the exact number of it is unknown.
- 52.23- Service activities incidental to air transportation: Only 52.23.03-Airports ground services operations (excluding Cargo and baggage loading services) is related to “Logistics excluding passenger & public” But the exact number of it is unknown.
- Number of employees: Calculated by adding the annual average number of paid employees to the number of job owners, partners, family members and apprentices who work without salary.